Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Evelyn and Ben
- Brooklyn, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We love everything about our home! We love that we get northern, eastern, and southern light. We love that it is comfortable to hang out in, with a mix of styles and objects that have meaning to us from different phases of our lives, separate and together. We love that we have filled it with plants. We love its location, in a wonderful neighborhood in Brooklyn, close enough to the East River to hear boats sounding their horns. And we love that it is long enough (70 feet) that we can actually be beyond shouting distance of each other, a rarity in NYC!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- 1. Make do with what you have. Rearrange the furniture until something works.
2. Make the bed every day, especially if it's not tucked away in a bedroom somewhere.
3. Plants. Lots of them.
See all entries