Watch yourselves, green addicts, this one might make your heart stop. While we recently fell in love with Corky, the scrolling, clicking, and movement-powered mouse made from cork, there's plenty more out there in the sea of cork gizmos and credenza mashups. Who said you couldn't be cool going green?
While the thought of cork conjures up images of bad wine nights, our bathroom floor during a remodel, and our office corkboards, the idea of using it for as the point-and-click mouse may be the turning point in our bad streak of cork experiences. Not only does the feel of cork come across as somewhat soothing, the warm colors are definitely a welcome addition to the army of not-so-warm tech released these days.
- 1) Corky is a mouse powered by your movements rather than batteries. Unfortunately, looks like Corky is just a concept, but we can only hope that after the Greener Gadgets conference this wireless mouse, made from recycled cork and plastic, makes it to a store near you.
- 2) For those of you looking for an eco-conscious stocking stuffer and like to support the use of sustainable materials in their tech accessories, the JAVOedge's 3G Cork iPhone Case seems to fit quite nicely.
- 3) Grab a fancy surge protect covered in cork seen at the Dutch design fair in Eindhoven.
- 4) Repurpose a media credenza and have it double as a place to put down movie lists, other productive things you should be doing - that sorta stuff.
- 5) Turn your cork into a USB drive. Or er.. buy it for $51.
- 6) Use it as a laptop case (we probably suggest keeping hot laptops out of this one). Available for Macbook Pros 13-15-inches.
- 7) Or turn it into a laptop stand! Genius idea from the team at eGenius.
Got a crazy cork idea? Share it in the comments!