Art & Design Events...
• September is Pets Month
• AT Offline is tomorrow night!Pet Design @ Home: Problems and Solutions
Fourth Annual Art Parade
• Brought to you by Paper Magazine, Creative Time and Deitch Projects
• September 5th, 4pm
• West Broadway and Houston
Tickle the Sh*tstem
• Phoebe Washburn recycles found material into large, complicated installations
• Through October 4th. September 4th, Opening reception, 6-8pm; September 20th, Artist talk with Phoebe Washburn, 2pm
• Zach Feuer Gallery, 530 West 24th St., 212.989.7700
Naomi Leff Interiors
• Projects such as Leff's breakthrough series of environments for Ralph Lauren, selections of Leff-selected artifacts, as well as a recreation of her office environment through photographs and objects will be explored.
• Through September 13th
• Pratt Manhattan Gallery, 144 West 14th Street, 2nd floor
Designs for Living
• Panel of architects discuss new directions in the the design of the workplace
• September 8th, 5:30–7:30pm. Reception: 5:30pm, Program: 6pm
• Center for Architecture, 536 LaGuardia Place
Test Drive A Chair and Drink A Glass of Wine
• Wine education specialist from D.O.C. Wine Shop pairs varietals with chairs from around the world. Save 15% and receive free shipping when you mix or match six or more chairs, stools and tables from DWR's dining assortment,
• September 12th, 5-7pm, RSVP to email@example.com
• DWR Manhattan-Soho Studio, 110 Greene Street, (between Prince and Spring), 212.475.0001
Architecture and Arrangement
• Exhibit of people's immediate environments.
• Through September 23rd
• LUMAS 77 Wooster Street, 212.219.9497
NY Designs for the Green Forum
• Participants will learn how successful industry professionals and business leaders have applied sustainable design principles to their design practice and network with design professionals and green service providers during the cocktail party.
• September 17th
• NY Designs, 45-50 30th Street [Between Thomson Ave. and 47th Ave.], Long Island City. 718.663.8402
Metropolitan Home and Showtime Networks' Showhouse
• Famous designers will transform rooms of a Gramercy Park Greek revival town house, inspired by Showtime's lineup including Dexter™, Californication, The Tudors, Weeds, The L-Word® and United States of Tara.
• Tours run September 13th through October 26th on Saturdays and Sundays, 11am-4pm. ($25 entry fee benefits the Happy Hearts Fund charity)
• 23 Grammercy Park South, 1.323.966.4600
• Collection of sixty design objects carefully chosen by the artist in collaboration with some prestigious firms which manufactured them.
• Through September 5th
• Italian Cultural Institute of New York
Home Delivery: Fabricating the Modern Dwelling
• Five Architecture firms have built prefab homes in the parking lot next to the MoMa. Inside, prefab projects spanning the past 180 years fill the galleries.
• Through October 20
• Museum of Modern Art, 11 West 53rd St.; 212.708.9400
Buckminster Fuller: Starting with the Universe
• R. Buckminster Fuller, whose theories and innovations traversed the worlds of architecture, visual art, literature, mathematics, molecular biology, and environmental science and have had a deep impact on all of those fields.
• Through September 21st
• Whitney Museum, 945 Madison Avenue
• Over 200 vendors of vintage furniture, clothing and antiques alongside new designs by local makers of everything from jewelry to textiles.
• Every Sunday, 10am to 5pm (rain or shine)
• Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School on Lafayette Ave. between Clermont and Vanderbilt Ave., Fort Greene, Brooklyn
ABC Home Launches Earth Day Campaign
• ABC Home is partnering with 2004 Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Wangari Maathai's Green Belt Movement on its Carbon Poverty Reduction Program. For every piece of goodwood furniture purchased at ABC Home, a tree will be planted in Kenya to replenish rapidly diminishing biodiversity.
• 888 Broadway, 212.473.3000