Art & Design Events...
• September is Pets Month
• Stay tuned for our long awaited Fall Colors Contest in October!
40 Years of NYC Design
• New York Magazine's design editor speaks with Paola Antonelli, Andre Balazs, Richard Meier and Murray Moss about how NYC has influenced their work
• September 23rd, 6:30pm
• Parsons, The New School for Design, Swayduck Auditorium, 65 Fifth Ave.
Democracy in America: The National Campaign Convergence Center
• Speeches and Performances
• September 21st through 27th
• Park Avenue Armory, Park and 61st
History in The Aeroflot Poster
• The exhibit is dedicated to the celebration of the 85th anniversary of Russian Aviation and 40th anniversary of the first Aeroflot flight to New York. The collection provides colorful anecdotes depicting 60 years of Aeroflot's commercial and promotional campaigns
• September 22nd through 27th
• Chelsea Art Museum, 556 West 22nd Street, 212.255.0719
Sticks, Stones, Bones
• Michael Reynolds, a style and design editor curates this installation culling from design from ancient times through today.
• September 25th through November 1st
• R 20th Century Gallery, 82 Franklin Street, (bet Church & Broadway)
• Join world-renowned designer and yoo co-founder Philippe Starck, yoo Chairman John Hitchcox and developer Joseph Moinian for the grand opening of Dwell95, the first yoo by Starck rental property in the world. Cocktails and Hors d'oeuvres
• September 15th, 5:30pm to 9:30pm, rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dwell95, 95 Wall Street
Naomi Leff Interiors
• Projects such as Leff's breakthrough series of environments for Ralph Lauren, selections of Leff-selected artifacts, as well as a recreation of her office environment through photographs and objects will be explored.
• Through September 13th
• Pratt Manhattan Gallery, 144 West 14th Street, 2nd floor
Test Drive A Chair and Drink A Glass of Wine
• Wine education specialist from D.O.C. Wine Shop pairs varietals with chairs from around the world. Save 15% and receive free shipping when you mix or match six or more chairs, stools and tables from DWR's dining assortment,
• September 12th, 5-7pm, RSVP to email@example.com
• DWR Manhattan-Soho Studio, 110 Greene Street, (between Prince and Spring), 212.475.0001
Architecture and Arrangement
• Exhibit of people's immediate environments.
• Through September 23rd
• LUMAS 77 Wooster Street, 212.219.9497
NY Designs for the Green Forum
• Participants will learn how successful industry professionals and business leaders have applied sustainable design principles to their design practice and network with design professionals and green service providers during the cocktail party.
• September 17th
• NY Designs, 45-50 30th Street [Between Thomson Ave. and 47th Ave.], Long Island City. 718.663.8402
Metropolitan Home and Showtime Networks' Showhouse
• Famous designers will transform rooms of a Gramercy Park Greek revival town house, inspired by Showtime's lineup including Dexter™, Californication, The Tudors, Weeds, The L-Word® and United States of Tara.
• Tours run September 13th through October 26th on Saturdays and Sundays, 11am-4pm. ($25 entry fee benefits the Happy Hearts Fund charity)
• 23 Grammercy Park South, 1.323.966.4600
Home Delivery: Fabricating the Modern Dwelling
• Five Architecture firms have built prefab homes in the parking lot next to the MoMa. Inside, prefab projects spanning the past 180 years fill the galleries.
• Through October 20
• Museum of Modern Art, 11 West 53rd St.; 212.708.9400
Buckminster Fuller: Starting with the Universe
• R. Buckminster Fuller, whose theories and innovations traversed the worlds of architecture, visual art, literature, mathematics, molecular biology, and environmental science and have had a deep impact on all of those fields.
• Through September 21st
• Whitney Museum, 945 Madison Avenue
• Over 200 vendors of vintage furniture, clothing and antiques alongside new designs by local makers of everything from jewelry to textiles.
• Every Sunday, 10am to 5pm (rain or shine)
• Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School on Lafayette Ave. between Clermont and Vanderbilt Ave., Fort Greene, Brooklyn
ABC Home Launches Earth Day Campaign
• ABC Home is partnering with 2004 Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Wangari Maathai's Green Belt Movement on its Carbon Poverty Reduction Program. For every piece of goodwood furniture purchased at ABC Home, a tree will be planted in Kenya to replenish rapidly diminishing biodiversity.
• 888 Broadway, 212.473.3000