Art & Design Events...
• September is Pets Month
• Stay tuned for our long awaited Fall Colors Contest in October! September 22nd is the first day to submit your entry.
James Victore at DWR
• James artist, designer and professor at the School of Visual Arts will talk about his projects and his 'Dirty Dishes' line of plates. Watch as he turns DWR's Cross Extension Table into a showcase tabletop with custom plates and tablecloth. Wine and snacks will be served.
• September 25th, 7pm, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
• DWR West 14th Street Studio, 408 West 14th Street, 212.242.9449
The Politics of Craft
• Investigating craft's relationship to politics and its role in addressing issues of urgency in our world today.
• September 18th, RSVP: email@example.com
• Craft Council Library, 72 Spring Street, 212.274.0630
• Designer and Japanese textile collector Elizabeth Wilson presents Asiatica's newest fall designs
• September 17th through 26th and November 11th through 22nd
• AKA/Central Parkm, 42 W. 58th Street
40 Years of NYC Design
• New York Magazine's design editor speaks with Paola Antonelli, Andre Balazs, Richard Meier and Murray Moss about how NYC has influenced their work
• September 23rd, 6:30pm
• Parsons, The New School for Design, Swayduck Auditorium, 65 Fifth Avenue
Democracy in America: The National Campaign Convergence Center
• Speeches and Performances
• September 21st through 27th
• Park Avenue Armory, Park and 61st
Sample Vignette Wine Country Soda and wichcraft nibbles at DWR
• Test drive dining tables and taste-testing wichcraft and Vignette Wine Country Soda. (Save 15% when you mix or match six or more chairs, stools and tables from our dining assortment
• September 23rd, 7-9pm (Sale ends September 30th), RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
• DWR Flatiron Studio, 903 Broadway (at 20th), 212.477.1155
History in The Aeroflot Poster
• The exhibit is dedicated to the celebration of the 85th anniversary of Russian Aviation and 40th anniversary of the first Aeroflot flight to New York. The collection provides colorful anecdotes depicting 60 years of Aeroflot's commercial and promotional campaigns
• September 22nd through 27th
• Chelsea Art Museum, 556 West 22nd Street, 212.255.0719
Sticks, Stones, Bones
• Michael Reynolds, a style and design editor curates this installation culling from design from ancient times through today.
• September 25th through November 1st
• R 20th Century Gallery, 82 Franklin Street, (bet Church & Broadway)
Architecture and Arrangement
• Exhibit of people's immediate environments.
• Through September 23rd
• LUMAS 77 Wooster Street, 212.219.9497
NY Designs for the Green Forum
• Participants will learn how successful industry professionals and business leaders have applied sustainable design principles to their design practice and network with design professionals and green service providers during the cocktail party.
• September 17th
• NY Designs, 45-50 30th Street [Between Thomson Ave. and 47th Ave.], Long Island City. 718.663.8402
Metropolitan Home and Showtime Networks' Showhouse
• Famous designers will transform rooms of a Gramercy Park Greek revival town house, inspired by Showtime's lineup including Dexter™, Californication, The Tudors, Weeds, The L-Word® and United States of Tara.
• Tours run September 13th through October 26th on Saturdays and Sundays, 11am-4pm. ($25 entry fee benefits the Happy Hearts Fund charity)
• 23 Grammercy Park South, 1.323.966.4600
Home Delivery: Fabricating the Modern Dwelling
• Five Architecture firms have built prefab homes in the parking lot next to the MoMa. Inside, prefab projects spanning the past 180 years fill the galleries.
• Through October 20
• Museum of Modern Art, 11 West 53rd St.; 212.708.9400
Buckminster Fuller: Starting with the Universe
• R. Buckminster Fuller, whose theories and innovations traversed the worlds of architecture, visual art, literature, mathematics, molecular biology, and environmental science and have had a deep impact on all of those fields.
• Through September 21st
• Whitney Museum, 945 Madison Avenue
• Over 200 vendors of vintage furniture, clothing and antiques alongside new designs by local makers of everything from jewelry to textiles.
• Every Sunday, 10am to 5pm (rain or shine)
• Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School on Lafayette Ave. between Clermont and Vanderbilt Ave., Fort Greene, Brooklyn
ABC Home Launches Earth Day Campaign
• ABC Home is partnering with 2004 Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Wangari Maathai's Green Belt Movement on its Carbon Poverty Reduction Program. For every piece of goodwood furniture purchased at ABC Home, a tree will be planted in Kenya to replenish rapidly diminishing biodiversity.
• 888 Broadway, 212.473.3000