Art & Design Events...
• October is Color Month!
• Our Fall Colors Contest is underway.
Bottlemania: How Water Went on Sale and Why We Bought It
• Elizabeth Royte, reads from her book about how we went from turning on the tap to consulting water sommeliers.
• Tonight! 7pm
• Strand Bookstore, corner of 12th Street and Broadway
Cookie Living Show Home at Riverhouse
• Top Designers transform a 3-bdrm condo. Kids can enjoy cooking classes and demos, as well as great giveaways, raffles and special offers.
• October 10th through 26th (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays only, from 11am-5pm
• Riverhouse, 2 River Terrace, Battery Park City (Entrance on North End Avenue)
Living the Italian House in Soho
• View a recreation of five spaces found in Italian houses by using elements and products from 35 of the most innovative design companies in Italy, plus events and film screenings.
• October 27th (launch party at 7pm) through December 20th (RSVP 212.353.1383 or RSVP9@BDEonline.biz)
• 172 Mercer Street
Max Lamb at Johnson Trading Gallery
• In his first solo exhibition, Lamb explores, celebrates and animates natural materials through a distinctly process-driven approach and anchored by skilled hand-craftmanship
• Through November 7th
• 490 Greenwich Street between Spring and Canal, 212.925.1110.
Pret-a-Habiter at DWR
• Get free one-on-one design advice from the Pret-a-Habiter team, using your own floor plans and sketches
• October 9th, 6-8pm, Wine and cheese will be served.
• DWR Tribeca Studio, 124 Hudson St, 212.219.2217
Junior League of New York House Tours
• Visit the home of Andre Bishop, the Artistic Director for Lincoln Center as well as many others
• October 18th, 10am-6pm
• 130 East 80th Street, between Park and Lexington Aves.
"Myth and Material" at Moroso
• An exhibition on the work of Nipa Doshi and Jonathan Levien
• Through October
• 146 Greene Street
• Designer and Japanese textile collector Elizabeth Wilson presents Asiatica's newest fall designs
• November 11th through 22nd
• AKA/Central Parkm, 42 W. 58th Street
Sticks, Stones, Bones
• Michael Reynolds, a style and design editor curates this installation culling from design from ancient times through today.
• Through November 1st
• R 20th Century Gallery, 82 Franklin Street, (bet Church & Broadway)
Metropolitan Home and Showtime Networks' Showhouse
• Famous designers will transform rooms of a Gramercy Park Greek revival town house, inspired by Showtime's lineup including Dexter™, Californication, The Tudors, Weeds, The L-Word® and United States of Tara.
• Tours run September 13th through October 26th on Saturdays and Sundays, 11am-4pm. ($25 entry fee benefits the Happy Hearts Fund charity)
• 23 Grammercy Park South, 1.323.966.4600
Home Delivery: Fabricating the Modern Dwelling
• Five Architecture firms have built prefab homes in the parking lot next to the MoMa. Inside, prefab projects spanning the past 180 years fill the galleries.
• Through October 20
• Museum of Modern Art, 11 West 53rd St.; 212.708.9400
• Over 200 vendors of vintage furniture, clothing and antiques alongside new designs by local makers of everything from jewelry to textiles.
• Every Sunday, 10am to 5pm (rain or shine)
• Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School on Lafayette Ave. between Clermont and Vanderbilt Ave., Fort Greene, Brooklyn
ABC Home Launches Earth Day Campaign
• ABC Home is partnering with 2004 Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Wangari Maathai's Green Belt Movement on its Carbon Poverty Reduction Program. For every piece of goodwood furniture purchased at ABC Home, a tree will be planted in Kenya to replenish rapidly diminishing biodiversity.
• 888 Broadway, 212.473.3000