Art & Design Events...
• October is Color Month!
• Our Fall Colors Contest is underway.
Architectural Digest's 2nd Annual Open Auditions
• Open audition for--and open viewing of--best new residential designs and interior decorators. Semi-finalists may appear in Architectural Digest
• October 15th, 9am–5pm
• The Design & Decoration Building, 979 Third Avenue
Untethered: A Sculpture Garden of Readymades
• A sculpture garden of everyday objects deprogrammed of their original function, embedded with new intelligence, and transformed into surrealist and surprising readymades.
Through October 25th
Inside the Designer's Studio
• DWR and Industrial Designers Society of America welcome Rita Nakouzi who will speak about trend tracking and forecasting.
• October 16th, 7pm
• DWR East 62nd Street Studio, 27 East 62nd St. 212.888.4539
Cookie Living Show Home at Riverhouse
• Top Designers transform a 3-bdrm condo. Kids can enjoy cooking classes and demos, as well as great giveaways, raffles and special offers.
• Through 26th (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays only, from 11am-5pm
• Riverhouse, 2 River Terrace, Battery Park City (Entrance on North End Avenue)
Living the Italian House in Soho
• View a recreation of five spaces found in Italian houses by using elements and products from 35 of the most innovative design companies in Italy, plus events and film screenings.
• October 27th (launch party at 7pm) through December 20th (RSVP 212.353.1383 or RSVP9@BDEonline.biz)
• 172 Mercer Street
Max Lamb at Johnson Trading Gallery
• In his first solo exhibition, Lamb explores, celebrates and animates natural materials through a distinctly process-driven approach and anchored by skilled hand-craftmanship
• Through November 7th
• 490 Greenwich Street between Spring and Canal, 212.925.1110.
Junior League of New York House Tours
• Visit the home of Andre Bishop, the Artistic Director for Lincoln Center as well as many others
• October 18th, 10am-6pm
• 130 East 80th Street, between Park and Lexington Aves.
"Myth and Material" at Moroso
• An exhibition on the work of Nipa Doshi and Jonathan Levien
• Through October
• 146 Greene Street
• Designer and Japanese textile collector Elizabeth Wilson presents Asiatica's newest fall designs
• November 11th through 22nd
• AKA/Central Parkm, 42 W. 58th Street
Sticks, Stones, Bones
• Michael Reynolds, a style and design editor curates this installation culling from design from ancient times through today.
• Through November 1st
• R 20th Century Gallery, 82 Franklin Street, (bet Church & Broadway)
Metropolitan Home and Showtime Networks' Showhouse
• Famous designers will transform rooms of a Gramercy Park Greek revival town house, inspired by Showtime's lineup including Dexter™, Californication, The Tudors, Weeds, The L-Word® and United States of Tara.
• Tours run through October 26th on Saturdays and Sundays, 11am-4pm. ($25 entry fee benefits the Happy Hearts Fund charity)
• 23 Grammercy Park South, 1.323.966.4600
Home Delivery: Fabricating the Modern Dwelling
• Five Architecture firms have built prefab homes in the parking lot next to the MoMa. Inside, prefab projects spanning the past 180 years fill the galleries.
• Through October 20
• Museum of Modern Art, 11 West 53rd St.; 212.708.9400
• Over 200 vendors of vintage furniture, clothing and antiques alongside new designs by local makers of everything from jewelry to textiles.
• Every Sunday, 10am to 5pm (rain or shine)
• Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School on Lafayette Ave. between Clermont and Vanderbilt Ave., Fort Greene, Brooklyn
ABC Home Launches Earth Day Campaign
• ABC Home is partnering with 2004 Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Wangari Maathai's Green Belt Movement on its Carbon Poverty Reduction Program. For every piece of goodwood furniture purchased at ABC Home, a tree will be planted in Kenya to replenish rapidly diminishing biodiversity.
• 888 Broadway, 212.473.3000