Art & Design Events...
- It's Nesting Month at Apartment Therapy!
- This month we will be focusing on getting the apartment back into shape as the hot induced lethargy wears off
- Next Month:
I’ve Got Color!
The Fall Colors Contest
Color is powerful part of interior design, but few feel comfortable using it. We will be looking for bold, complex and totally cool rooms that employ the use of color on walls, textiles or objects.
Prize Pool: $5,000 worth of shop credit from CB2
- Bi-Coastal Launch Parties for Apartment Therapy
- Design Ideas for Small Spaces
- Denyse Shmidt demonstrates the ZigZag Bag
- Humanscale's 6th Annual Competition to Benefit World Wildlife Fund--Faces in the Wild
- Designers are encouraged to submit art that represents a non-domesticated animal to be auctioned off
- Submissions must be received by Sept 16th. Contact Karen@BDEonline.biz
- September 29th, 5:30-8:30
- The Humanscale Showroom, 11 East 26th St, 8th fl. 212-353-138
- Exhibition Stretching Boundaries: Beyond Fashion An Interdisciplinary Exhibition
- The Diane von Furstenberg Gallery
- 385 West 12th Street
- September 14th-20th
- Gallery hours: 12-6pm
- "Meet the Chefs"
- Nearly 40 area restaurants offer samples to benefit neighborhood schools and organizations.
- Saturday, Sept. 17th. (646-752-4958)
- Carmine St between Bedford and Bleecker Sts
- Tastings $5 each. 11:30am–3:30pm.
- O2NYC Roundtable
- Hear from treehugger.com's Graham Hill and give him feedback on this eco-design site. (bring a laptop to browse)
- September 15th, 7 - 9 pm
- 457 Broome Street, No. 9 (at Mercer St.)
- BARC's Dog Parade and Show
- BQE Pet Supply and Grooming Store
- Theme is: "Canines of the Caribbean with a Pirate Twist."
- The Animal Show: 1:30 PM at McCarren Park (Williamsburg)
- Sunday, Sept 18th, 12–5pm. FREE
- Nocturne at David Allen Gallery
- Red Hook Landscapes by Jade Doskow
- Through October 16th
- 331 Smith St., 718-488-5568