Brick is beautiful. There are those who love a warm red exposed brick wall and those who prefer the gallery-style look of white brick walls, but we feel that both looks are lovely. Whether left untouched or painted, brick's pocked and variegated texture adds depth to a space.
For examples from both sides of the aisle, we searched the Apartment Therapy archives. The painted brick spaces tend to feel more modern, while the exposed brick ones have a weathered charm. Which do you prefer?
• 1 Kimberly and Josh's Loft in Transition
• 2 Michael and Anna's Rustic Modern Loft
• 3 A Modern Rustic Apartment in Barcelona
• 4 Richard Takes Downtown
• 5 Jason Weinbeck's Mid Century Frugal Fix Up
• 6 The Post Family's Art Loft
• 7 Arthur's Long-Distance Loft
• 8 Andreas' Greektown Loft
• 9 Jason's Lofty View
• 10 Loft Ideas from Colorama
• Beautiful Brick Walls
• Look! Glazed and Painted Brick
• How To: Remove Paint from Brick
• Good Questions: Help Us Paint Our Exposed Brick?
• Whitewashed Brick Walls
Photos: Heather Blaha, Evan Thomas, Destination BCN, Richard Kuchinsky, Jason Weinbeck / Greg Jansen, Sarah Coffey, Evan Thomas, Andreas Larsson, Jason, Colorama