During a party, we like to mingle, socialize, drink and eat (sometimes all at once). But throughout the evening, we might need to set a drink down to shake a hand or stop eating in order to introduce friends. When this occurs, it's such a nice feeling to find a small table conveniently close by to place our items on.
- Bring a small side table from another part of the house into the area where everyone will be gathering. You can dress it up with books and flowers or leave it bare for added space.
- We love these teeny glass accent tables. Small enough to leave the space feel open but large enough to fit a handful of drinks or a plate of food.
- Stools are great because they are short enough to slide under a larger table when not in use but can be pulled out at a moments notice. They're also great if you need extra seating during your party.
- We've always liked the compact nature of a fold-up side table or butler's tray table. Like the stool, you can stash these small tables away when you're not using them.
- If you have an ottoman that isn't stable enough for drinks to land, add a sturdy tray to create a makeshift table.
(Images: 1. Flickr member amiefedora licensed for use under Creative Commons, 2. Displaying Plates, Accent Tables, Pillows & Dog Poop, 3. Emily & Jacob's Poetically Photographed Home, 4. CB2 5. Z Gallerie)