As we do every year, we recently decorated the front porch for Halloween. Our version of this involves a trip to the dollar store and spreading out a bunch of fake spider webs and planting a plastic tombstone. Granted, the webs are neon orange and suggest that our spiders are radioactive, but still, I think the kids and I had something a little grander in mind. If you, too, have a lot of Halloween ambition, here are some examples of homes that take their holiday decor to the next level.
- UFO Crash Site, Syracuse.com courtesy of Sue Thomas
- "Pumpkin House" in Kenova, VA (over 3,000 pumpkins!), Flickr user Frank Pierson licensed for use under Creative Commons (see the daytime version here)
- Ghost Maidens (+ tutorial), At Home with P. Allen Smith on YouTube
- Steampunk Drill, SoCal Halloween
- Build a Giant Tentacle Monster, Instructables User Flaming Pele
(Images: as linked above)