When pondering Christmas gifts for my kids and others, I think about the next several months of cold wintry weather. Sure there will be brisk walks, quick trips to the playground and, if we're lucky here in D.C., cavorting in powdery snow. But there also will be more than usual indoor time.To keep things interesting in the house, for Christmas consider making a teepee or this great looking fabric tent. Put it in the kids' room, playroom or right in the living room during cold months. It's a great place to read books, relax and hide. When the weather is nice, take it to your outdoor space to enjoy.
To make this tent, you'll need:
- 3 yards of cotton fabric (upholstery weight is best)
- 20 half-inch finishing screws
- Power drill
- 4 two- to three-inch wood screws
- 4 six-feet-long boards, anywhere between four and six inches wide
- 1 one-inch square, five-foot-long board
- A friend to help hold the structure as you're building it
Complete directions can be found here.