The most charming thing about a shelf, you see, is its incomparable versatility. Load it with books. Lean some art on it. Display your collection of celebrity bobble heads on it. Hang a bunch of them over a couch or use one as a nightstand. You are only limited by your own imagination (and maybe weight restrictions).
This is certainly the sort of item that could be done in a DIY fashion if you're so inclined, but if you're not (or don't have the time), these ten floating shelves should do the trick for any of your decorative and storage needs. They're the sort of item that fits in with a lot of different styles; from modern to traditional, a shelf full of your beloved things strategically placed can add a punch of functional personality in just about any room of the house. And, you can find a floating shelf in all kinds of materials these days, like metal, wood, glass and more.
1) West Elm Deep Picture Ledge starts at $35
2) CB2 El Shelves $9.95 - $19.95
3) The Container Store Deco Wall-Mounted Shelf $24.99
4) IKEA EKBY JÄRPEN/ EKBY BJÄRNUM $29.99
5) The Container Store Espresso Profile Shelves $29.99 - $39.99
6) CB2 Delta Wall Shelf $29.95
7) Crate&Barrel Davis 36" Bronze Wall Shelf $39.95
8) West Elm Lacquer Shelves $19 – $29
9) The Container Store Glass Shelf Clip Kits $34.99 - $44.99
10) Crate&Barrel Davis 36" Bronze Wall Shelf $39.95
Do you have any floating shelves in your home? Tell us about where they're located and where you found them!