Beach blankets in January? A girl can dream, can't she? Take a peek at the latest creation from Creative Women, a Vermont-based company that "works in partnership with with six women-owned textile design studios in Ethiopia, Swaziland, Afghanistan, and Mali to create traditionally-inspired contemporary accessories and home textiles." Absolutely beautiful in person. Read on for availability and details.
Details: Beach Blanket
- Country of Origin: Ethiopia
- Fiber Content: 100% Ethiopian Cotton
- Dyestuff: Low-impact dyes
- Size: Approximately 58" by 80"
- Fair trade certified by the Fair Trade Federation
- Multi-purpose: Can also be used as a towel and a tablecloth.
- Availability: Beach blankets from Creative Women will be available from Canvas (NY, NY), Giraffe (Vashon, WA) and Atomic Garden (Oakland, CA) beginning Spring 2011.
Learn more about Creative Women, their mission and history here.
(Image: Creative Women)