You might not be able to change everything about your home, but there is still lots you can do it make it look the way you want. Over the past year, we've written about giving the illusion of more space, or achieving a particular style — all by shopping smarter, tricking the eye, or making it yourself instead of buying. It's all part of making the decorating and furnishing process work for you, and giving you the tools to make the most of what you have, without pining for what you don't. Check out these 12 posts from 2014...
- IKEA Hacks: 10 DIY Ways to Make Cheap Wardrobes Look More Expensive
- 8 Sneaky Ways to Create the Illusion of More Space
- 5 Ways to Get the Look of Exposed Brick at Home
- 4 Ways To Get the Look of Marble Kitchen Countertops Without Spending $$$ Money
- How To Make a Painted Faux Marble Table Top
- 6 Ways to Make a Small Kitchen Look Infinitely Bigger
- DIY Inspiration: Get the Beni Ourain Look for Less
- Does Your Home Lack Architectural Details? 8 Ways to Fake It
- 6 Ways to Make Your Bed Look & Feel Larger Than It Is
- Fooled! 8 Home DIY Projects That Look Much More Expensive Than They Are
- 7 Ways to Add DIY Style to Stock Builder Grade Kitchens
- Seriously Sleek: 10 Stylish Home DIY Projects that Look Like Expensive Store-Bought Items!
→ Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2014 roundup!
From December 21 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.