Submissions for the Fall Colors Contest 2006 ended
earlier this week and our e-mail was flooded! A big thanks for all those that sent in entries and sharing with us your colorful homes. We will be posting the remaining entires several times a day through October 31st.
We have noticed a few instances where the comment forums have gotten a little out of hand. Its nice that some are very passionate about color, but here are a few reminders and ground rules from Maxwell:
We are a wide open site with a love of interiors and sharing. We have always had a remarkably positive bunch of readers and a tough bunch too, but contests always incite passion and people push the limits. That said, let's get a few things straight:
1. This stage is open voting and ANYONE may vote and campaigning for votes is allowed. Go for it.
2. The finals are voted on by our six judges, so anyone who gets in without real merit simply won't stand a chance.
3. Taste in colors is extremely subjective, so go easy if you don't like it. You don't have to live there.
4. If you really like someone else's place, make sure you vote for them to get them into the finals.
5. Enjoy all the great homes that are being shared here and try your best not to get too hung up on a negative vibe.
6. Trust the site and your fellow readers. The cream always rises to the top.
We'd also like to clarify something we've been asked about a few times now: the Fall Colors contest refers to the season in which the contest is taking place, not in regards to an actual autumn colours themed contest. Sorry if this has mixed anyone up until now.