Quote of the day: I am trying to catch up on unfinished projects from other weeks. Such as giving away my give-aways, hanging the cool aluminum stuff I got for the dining room, getting a new trashcan in the kitchen... -STLcolleen, from her blog
Only 2 weeks left! Most of us had a bit of a break this week, and now it's time to sprint through the final stretch. Use the next 2 weeks to support one another (since our group will be saying goodbye soon until the next Cure).
If you think your home improvements will extend beyond 8 weeks, try to get as much done as you can in the next 14 days, while you're still focused and motivated (and you have the support of your Flickr buddies). Many of you are probably in the same boat as STLcolleen (thanks for the honest quote), finishing up tasks from previous weeks. Use every day until you're done.
Keep your plans to share with friends at the 8 week deadline (whether your place is perfect or not). This will spur you on to take care of those last minute details, and give you a chance to show your hard work to the people you love you. It also won't hurt to give a shout-out to yourself. Remember that the work you do on your home is work you do for yourself.
Keep up the good work and have a great weekend!
Weekend Checklist (Deep Treatment):
• Clean bathrooms and related closets.
• Declutter cabinets and closets.
• Arrange your bathroom efficiently.
• Upgrade your razor and shaving supplies.
• Purchase bath salts and nice soap.
• Place a candle in your bathroom.
• Consider scents for your home.
• Plan for the week ahead on Sunday.
• Wake early and take a bath before work.
• Optional: consider a media fast for the next week.
• Optional: Straighten your desk at work.
Weekend Checklist (One-Room Workout):
• Finalize your lighting arrangement.
• Get painting.
Info: Cure posts continue to go up twice a week on Mondays and Fridays (with the thread carried through on Wednesdays), allowing for plenty of comment space. We will pull comments and pics to the front page post each week and everyone is urged to post their pictures to this great Flickr pool or simply tag them with "apartmenttherapycurechicago."