The air outside is getting crisp and cool and somehow the indoors are getting kinda...musty? It feels too cold to just throw open the windows and Febreze kinda grosses us out (what's in it anyway?). So we compiled a list of our favorite simple DIY air fresheners (after the jump)...• Simmering cinnamon sticks and whole cloves on the stove (add citrus peel or vanilla for a variation)
• Creating a mixture of essential oils and spritzing around the house
• Putting our favorite perfume or cologne on a light bulb--it smells great everytime you turn it on.
• Using vinegar either undiluted in a spray bottle or in a dish out on the counter
• For the bathroom we soak a cotton ball in Tea Tree oil and keep it in the trash can. Everytime the lid come up and down it fills the room with a natural smell
• Baking anything
• If you have a garbage disposal, grind up some citrus peel to freshen the kitchen air
• Bath salts in a dish
• Uh, taking out the trash and cleaning out the litterbox can be big helps as well!