future proofing children's tech explored, the last thing you want is sticky fingers on the remote control...not to mention drool on your phone. Cue in faux tech toys for kids, stuff made for them to throw in the bath or sink their gums into without worry about high prices or repairs...
1. Wood Toy TV Remote Control/Nintendo Control This one is from the Canadian couple behind 3PrincessesEngraving (yep, they've got three little girls). The control is made from Canadian maple finished in a baby safe unscented beeswax polish (unrefined beeswax, olive oil, carnauba wax).
2. Soap Wiimote A pink version from DigitalSoaps. It's scented to smell like strawberry rhubard pie and in case your kid tries to sample the soap - it's also vegan.
3. Box Play's Stickers Beautifully designed stickers turns old boxes into retro tech. Love the record player - although you may have some serious explaining to do on this bit of music equipment. There probably aren't too many houses with record players like this anymore.
4. Robot Yoyo It doesn't quite fit the faux tech bill but it's super cool. And it's finished in beeswax and olive oil because you know it'll make its way into someone's mouth.
5. Make and Takes DIY Cardboard Phone No more smuudges on your iPhone screen - this super low-tech design from Heather Mann is so simple and so perfect. And it's free.
ATVideo of the Day