click thumbnails for larger pics
It's not news that taxidermy and trophy heads have seen a resurgence of popularity in the last few years, and have been appealing to certain enthusiasts for much longer. Then came the infusion of wooden replicas, cardboard versions
, and ornamental variations
in many different forms
. While some may be over the trend, or never jumped on board in the first place, we enjoy the introduction of different kinds animal forms into our home, and have rounded up some of our favorite examples here...
• 1 Rare Device is currently featuring Rachel Denny's work "Out of the Woods" in an exhibition that runs from May 1-June 2. In the show are two beautiful pieces, Twin Cabled Buck and Aqua Doe, which she deems textile taxidermy
• 2 Modern Dose offers this whimsical hand painted deer head, which has a unique storybook quality.
• 3 New from Wannekes are these gorgeous wall mounted flower pots. Although they are super duper expensive, they are definitely worth swooning over.
• 4 This great Etsy find is from iheartsammi, who has created a painted faux trophy with a kick of graphic imagery. Highlighting her aversion to hunting, "Bang" offers a twist on the traditional trophy.
• 5 Propeller Modern offers "Toro", a piece by DFCasa. New York transplants now living in Mexico City give the trophy a Mexican folk art twist.
• 6 These alabaster deer heads, available at Modern Dose, are one of our long-time favorite iterations of the trophy head. Available in varying sizes and designs, we love the alabaster finish.
• 7 Dubbed "Feltidermy" by Etsy seller girlsavage, we love the humorous take on the traditional. Hand sewn from her own patterns, these stuffed animals meet interesting fates on plaques.
• 8 The Radius Trophy from Stylepark is actually a coat rack created by Swiss design label "Yuniic" making the traditional trophy a more modern, functional design.