You don't have to be a kid to love these albums, but here are a few that start getting heavy rotation in our house even before those last turkey leftovers are consumed. Much to our husband's chagrin we LOVE holiday music and we hope you'll share some of your favorites with us.
• John Denver and the Muppets, A Christmas Together - perhaps no other album makes us as nostalgic for childhood Christmases.
• Jackson Five, Ultimate Christmas Collection - especially good to have on hand for spontaneous holiday dance-offs.
• Vince Guaraldi, A Charlie Brown Christmas - perfect background music for holiday baking, gift-wrapping, etc..
• Sufjan Stevens, Songs for Christmas - one of the few holiday albums we've discovered as an adult that has worked its way into our heart.
• Various Artists, Croon & Swoon; The Classic Christmas (and Croon & Swoon 2!) - all the classics (Rudolph, Frosty, Santa Clause Is Coming To Town) all in one place.
What's playing at your house?
[Originally published 12.7.2009 - check out the comments for some readers' favorites]