I just bought a shag rug last night and can't wait until someone will help me move it under the bed. If you've ever thought about cozying up with a shag or Flokati rug — great ways to add warmth to rooms, especially in these cooler months — here are our favorite ways to use them in the home.
• 1 In the middle of a living room, not touching any furniture. Great for a soft spot in the middle of a hardwood floor.
• 2 In the middle of a living room, touching furniture, and offering up a soft spot to place a coffee table.
• 3 Under the end of a bed, for cozy feet in the mornings
• 4 In a bright color for a retro throwback.
• 5 In a monochromatic space for texture.
• 6 As a fluffy antidote to color.
• 7 As not just the textural accent under part of the bed, but the whole room's area rug.
• 8 Bathmat for wet toes.
• 9 Lastly, if you're willing to take some risks, it could be a great way to glamor-ize your dining area.
(Images: 1, Liezel Strauss and Beth Evans,