I've never been a big ruffles kinda gal, but lately they have piqued my interest for some reason. I think if you don't go overboard and use them in a tasteful manner they could take on a carefree, flowing, slightly rustic look without making you want to gag.
My husband has always been on board with how I like to decorate, but as I've been thinking more about ruffles lately I wonder if adding them in the mix would just send him over the edge.
I've found some super girly things as well as some more masculine pieces that I think could fit in. Do you think ruffles are strictly a girls kind of decor or have you been able to successfully incorporate them into a man's world as well?
Images: As linked above.
- This luscious, flowing duvet is available at Urban Outfitters. If you are liking the ruffle duvet look, then you will hit the jackpot over at Urban. It's a large part of their current collection.
- You can find this stunning chair at Aiveen Daly Upholstery & Design. Everything on their site is pretty spectacular.
- This pillow is a DIY by Ashley Photogrpahy. She doesn't go through the exact directions for the pillow but shows you in another project how to sew ruffles. You can find the tutorial here.
- This super cozy room with the ruffled bedspread really gives such a warm rustic, cuddle-in-the-bed kinda vibe. via Living Livelier.
- This is another to die for piece from Aiveen Daly. They take the ruffle look into a gorgeous sophisticated style. I just love them.
- This sweet little lamp is the kind of touch that I think could fit in nicely without being too over the top. via carrie design musings.
- This beautiful dining room tablecloth is brought to us by a beach cottage, life by the sea.