- Houston, TX
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the natural light and old original 1950's hardwood floors. This home is the home I grew up in. When my parents moved away and I moved away they never sold it. I love that I can come back and make it special on my own but still have all the wonderful childhood memories and even some of the same neighbors!
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?:
- Although I am not 100% organized I do know that everything should have a place. I am very particular when it comes to my closet and drawer space. I think the best advice on the organization of the closet is to section off clothing and then color coordinate. (Dresses, Shirts, Slacks, Jeans, Tanks...etc.) I have found through the years that it is so much easier to find things. As they say..beauty is in the eye of the beholder so to maintain a beautiful bedroom you should put YOU, the beholder, in it. What makes you happy? What colors make you feel good? I know that no matter what types of trends come and go I will always have white sheets and a white bedspread...there is nothing quite like climbing into a clean, white bed.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?:
- My lovely goldendoodle and I have made the most of our tiny room by really enjoying the space I have created. For the longest time I have wanted a black wall to use a canvass for some of my favorite photographs and prints. I not only use my bedroom as a place to sleep but just a place to sit back relax and read a book, write in my journal or occasionally play with Noah Blue Jean on the bed. As you can see he is a fan of the high rise bed!
More posts in My Bedroom Retreat
ATVideo of the Day