Name: Felicity (8 months)
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
I was just smitten with Suzy Ultman's "Little Kukla" fabric. Especially those onion domes… too cute. My husband is an Orthodox priest, so it was just too funny and perfect to pass up.
So I decided to do a room that was inspired by Russia. I made the most of everything, because I didn't have the money to buy a lot of things outright. But I'm not hearing any complaints from the kid. I think she's cool with it.
- All fabrics: my mom's fabric store
- Quilt: DIY from this pattern (I altered the pattern a bit)
- Bedding: DIY (there are tons of free tutorials out there!)
- Curtains: DIY (don't forget your lining!)
- Letters: Going Ga-Ga (check out the etsy site)
- Pouf: DIY (I stuffed mine with sheets and scraps instead of polystyrene beads, for safety)
- Dresser: IKEA
- Crib: Munire (gifted, thanks!)
- Crazy looking cabinet: Free - score!
- Glider: www.giggle.com (a gift, holla!)
- Chandelier: Urban Outfitters
- Crayon lamp: Goodwill, crayons, glue
- Matryoshka pillow: DIY (I made the hair and eyes match the baby's)
- Sheepy rug: Craigslist
- Decal: What is Blik (I wish there was a medium sized one!)
- Mobile: DIY
Thanks, Zohreh! Readers, you can visit Zohreh at Scarlett and Jack Modern Quilts.
(Images: Zohreh/Scarlett and Jack Modern Quilts)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE