With an abundance of satin sheets, lucite accessories and flourishes of fur, these ultra-feminine boudoirs — belonging to some of Hollywood's most over-the-top and fabulous female characters — offer up tons of glam inspiration for the bedroom.
Movie set designers are masterminds at creating spaces that reflect the mood of the film … and the personalities of their characters. Each of these films boast bold and memorable female characters, and the set designers have clearly translated the lively personas of these women into the set décor of their bedrooms. I'm personally coveting the gorgeous acrylic bed from Dreamgirls and the white fur chaise with lucite legs from Auntie Mame – and of course am in love with the multi-patterned fabric in Charley's (played by Julianne Moore) glamorous boudoir in A Single Man. Are there any bedrooms from Hollywood films that inspire you?
1. A Single Man via The Dream Files
2. Monster in Law via Hooked on Houses
3. Dreamgirls via Elle Decor
4. Funny Girl via Apartment Therapy: Musical Monochrome
5. & 6. Auntie Mame via Hooked on Houses
7. Overboard via youtube
8. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day via Mirror Mirror
Images: as linked above