This month at Ohdeedoh we are all about adventures and outings. Here in Chicago, festivals deliver a steady stream of fun adventures all summer long, from street and neighborhood celebrations to huge music festivals like Pitchfork and Lollapalooza (and its pint-sized counterpart, Kidzapalooza). These events can be great for families, but they are even better when parents are well prepared. Here are a few tips.
- Pack a diaper bag on steroids - make sure to have all of your usual staples in abundance. That means a full supply of snacks, wipes, dipes, hand sanitizer, beverages and anything else you need in the course of an average day.
- Apply sunblock and bug spray and bring more to reapply as needed.
- If you are headed to a music festival and want to get up close to the action then bring something to protect your kids' ears like these Baby Banz earmuffs.
- Pack a complete change of clothing for little ones and a sweater or hoodie in case it gets chilly.
- Choose your wheels wisely. An umbrella stroller is a nightmare in a grassy field, while a big jogger can be hard to navigate through big street fest crowds. Bring whatever makes the most sense, or if your kid is young enough, consider wearing them and leaving the stroller at home.
What are your survival tips for Summer festivals?