I know paper garlands and fairy lights aren't new, but I'm bringing them back! I'm dusting them off, moving them out of the kids' rooms and hanging them around the house to inspire and prettify all day every day. Why should fun, whimsy and romance be confined to special occasions when we can make them all ourselves with stuff we already have?TOP ROW
1. I love this string of paper lanterns from Marie Claire France Ideas Magazine. I think they would look dreamy swaying in the breeze by an open window. Sigh.
2. These gorgeous paper cranes would cheer me up immediately if I saw them bobbing around as soon as I walked in my front door.
3. I don't know if I could function without flowers in my house. They add so much cheer!
4. Sea Shell garlands may not suit every house but they certainly add a holiday feel hanging over doors and windows.
5. I love the thought of pom poms making their way out of kids rooms and into living areas. Tiny little clusters of DIY fun.
6. Bunting is back and I personally couldn't be happier. This tiny string of bunting from Emerson Made is small enough to fit in anywhere.
7. I have had fairy lights in my room for ages. I never use the regular lights. They're so... average.
8. There are so many environmentally-friendly, paraffin-free options for candles now that we no longer need to feel guilty about having a stash of them in the bathroom, dining room or hallway. Yay!
9. I remember when handmade mobiles used to be dyed pasta hung on a string, but mobiles are moving up in the world! And they're definitely not confined to nurseries. Mobiles like these from Frazier and Wing are gorgeous, colorful handmade pieces.
10. I remember making paper garlands for Christmas and there is still, not many things I enjoy more. Thankfully I can now make paper garlands from newspaper to my hearts content knowing I can hang them all over the house!