It's not just about finding great furniture. You also have to layer in accessories and artwork before your home is truly ready for its close-up. At its best, a well-styled room looks complete and effortless. There is a tipping point, however, when artfully placed items begin to look awkward and/or contrived. Have you mastered the perfect balance yet? Here are some of the year's best posts on the subject. Ideas, Tips & Discussion
1. Ikea 2013 Catalog Preview: Stylists' Design Ideas Worth Stealing
2. New and Old Idea for Styling Your Fireplace
3. The Keys to a Perfectly Styled Desk
4. Are You Overstyled?
5. Propping: How Much is Too Much?
6. Interior Styling: Behind the Scenes
7. Tips from Prop Styling
8. The Simple Styling Trick that Instantly Makes Any Room Neater
91. Stylish Savings: 5 Ways to Improve Your Space Without Spending a Dime
10. Styling Tricks to Save Time & Money
Well Styled Homes from House Tours
11. Raina & Robert's Modern Farmhouse Makeover House Tour
12. Sarah & Matt's Expertly Styled Home House Tour
13. Patricia & Daniel's Master Crafted Sausalito Houseboat
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)