The videos are mostly visual, to follow closely along with IKEA's paper instructions, only instead of line illustrations and androgynous marshmallow people, the videos feature real people assembling real IKEA furniture. There's no narration, save for instruction bubbles that pop audibly on the screen to make you reminisce for old episodes of VH1's Pop-Up Video.
Right now, there's only one video featured in the How to Build channel, showing the assembly of IKEA's popular MALM bedframe (above), but we're looking forward to much more.
MORE IKEA ASSEMBLY TIPS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Help Hotlines and Websites for Missing Assembly Parts
• 5 Easy IKEA Assembly Tips
• Quick Tip When Disassembling IKEA Furniture
• A $5 Solution to Frustrating Furniture Assembly
• What's Your Worst Furniture Assembly Story?