It's probably a good thing that I'm a renter. Because if I wasn't, I'd actually have to decide on a kitchen design. And with all of the options out there, how would I ever choose?? If you are planning a renovation (or just day dreaming!), here are just a few of the spaces that I find inspiring - find your favorites and pin away!
1. The result of a stunning gut
renovation by Smitten Studio, this bright, efficient cabin kitchen belies its humble beginnings. Follow the progress here and here.
2. Dark and eclectic, this kitchen by Dalla Polvere design studio mixes sleek stainless steel with architectural details and framed artwork for old world charm. Via Interiors and Design Less Ordinary.
3. The kitchen of this loft apartment in the iconic Police Building in Manhattan combines an expansive work surface with ample book storage. Courtesy of My House Idea.
4. In a creative take on cabinetry, a brilliant yellow disk adds just the right amount of color to this concrete-hued kitchen. Cote Maison via French by Design.
5. In this design by Mlinaric, Henry & Zervudachi, numerous black and white images transform a small, narrow kitchen into an engaging and welcoming space. Via Desire to Inspire.
6. This kitchen of the directors of Autoban studio in Istanbul layers on the texture with marble, subway tile, deco ceiling tiles and glamorous lighting. Vartnya Hem via Glamour Drops.
7. The antithesis of #6, this bare bones kitchen celebrates a spare, industrial approach to design. Jonathan West courtesy of Desire to Inspire.
8. Small details like the exposed lighting, built-in wine storage and framed artwork push this moody green kitchen by City Home Collective from functional to extraordinary. Phillip K Erickson via No. 19.
9. Thick marble counters and a farm-style sink add a refined air to this bright and sunny kitchen by Molly Frey Design. Via Bungalow Blue Interiors.
10. Oversized artwork creates a focal point in Ellen Pompeo's kitchen, designed by Martyn Lawrence-Bullard. Tim Street-Porter via Elle Decor.
11. Cerused shelves float over window openings and a backdrop of Carrara marble in this beautiful take on a modern kitchen. VT Interiors, cabinetry by Karpaty Cabinets.
12. Tangerine lacquered cabinets are sharply contrasted by rough-hewn architectural details in this predominantly white kitchen. Cote Maison via French by Design.
13. Designed by Glenn Gissler Design for a couple that loves to entertain (but not necessarily cook), the sleek, deep blue cabinetry of this kitchen allows for ample storage and acts as a perfect foil to the vintage refectory table nearby.
14. Country cool, this kitchen has a large center island, a vintage scale and enough pots to satisfy any cook. James Yochum via Dust Jacket Attic.
15. This dark and moody kitchen features a chalkboard backsplash and old plank drawer fronts. By RestyleXL via Interieur Blog.
16. In a collection of eclectic details, a peacock stands watch over a brilliant teal Smeg, a sparkly chandelier and a rustic island counter space in this kitchen by Lizzie Carney. Bjorn Wallander via Country Living.
17. Built-in shelving keeps oils and condiments at the ready in kitchen designer Christopher Peacock's own kitchen. John Bessler for Traditional Home.
18. Vintage elements abound in this kitchen by Marchi Group, where rivets, bolts and steel are combined with a variety of nostalgic touches. Courtesy of Trendir.
19. A zinc-topped trestle table and massive butcher block hold center court in this farm-style kitchen by Arcanum Architecture. Via Houzz.
20. A rustic center island with crate-style drawers and a stone top anchors this modern, country kitchen with exposed shelving. From Williams-Sonoma.
(Images: as linked above)