Neither I nor the kids in my life actually need stickers, but that's not going to stop me from buying stickers for them. And maybe swiping a few for myself. With the amazing selection of artists' stickers out there, I can badassify their back-to-school notebooks while feeling like I'm supporting the arts...
I know there are a million great stickers these days, so please tell me about the coolest ones you've seen. These are a few of my favorites:
- Café con Leche is "an itinerant shop (and more) from Mexico City" that boasts an impressive selection of art stickers. There are lots of good ones, but I've picked the ones I want the most. This first set is by Irana Douer, and I love, love, love the pretzel-haired girl.
- Sarah McNeil is a perennial favorite of mine, and this sticker set captures the delicate delight of her more limited-edition work.
- She also sells a plants & animals set through her own shop- those little flowering branches are ridiculously sweet!
- I am by no means a cat-person, but how could anyone resist Ginette Lapalme's absurdly fun kitty stickers from Café con Leche?
- Teva Gallery makes many beautiful vinyl stickers, but the ones that hit me the hardest were the birdsong stickers. The translation of song into pattern and colors is exquisite, seen here with the blue tit sticker.
- I also appreciate the more muted, autumnal pattern of the wren sticker. So lovely.
- Happy sugar beets!- need I say more? This charming set was made by Lil Seamonster.
- Milk Medium's alpaca mermaid stickers are what notebooks were made for. Alpaca mermaids! Merpacas?
(All images as listed above.)