How many times have you heard that it's all in the details? Here are a set of rooms with small linear touches that aren't necessarily permanent or even huge investments: in other words, perfect solutions for renters who don't want to invest too much time or money into a temporary space. We should all be so clever and resourceful.
1. How did we live without washi tape in our lives? Here it's the colorful focal point of an otherwise very, very simple room from Est Magazine. This is completely and utterly do-able, and completely and utterly awesome.
2. A few simple lines on the floor and voila - you've got a rug. This is from a home for sale in Stockholm, but you might want to check in with the landlord if you paint. On the other hand, some tape might work for a short time.
3. This room from Homelife is all about that orange line running down the banquette. This one's built in, but you can take most other upholstery with you when you move. Although the concrete oval is pretty rad too, and that's not going anywhere.
4. This image of Jenna Lyons' old bedroom from Living Etc. has been around the block, but it's still one of my favorites. The bright coral border on the duvet completes the room. (Hers is high-end, but there are many other less expensive versions out there, or a simple DIY.)
5. A single vertical line, created with removable vinyl from Casart Coverings makes a simple and effective statement.
(Images: as linked above)
ATVideo of the Day