This weekend, we're hosting our family for our very first Thanksgiving in our home. It's exciting to think that we just might be starting some new traditions, and we're hoping that some of our green moves stick. We're covering all our bases, with a few special finishing touches to create the perfect green place setting. Here are some of our favorite how-to's, handmades, and holiday ideas to green even the smallest detail.
1. Using fall-themed fat quarters, make No-Cut DIY Cloth Napkins. (We made them extra-fancy by following this mitered corner how-to.)
2. Make these cardboard rings perfect for a fall table by covering them in burlap.
3. Running out of time to make napkin rings? Turn to these wonderful green finds to do the trick.
4. Place cards made from recycled items you have laying around the house (we turned to leftover wedding crafts; stay tuned later today for more ideas).
5. Turn to beautiful table runners or place mats to bring the whole look together.
What tips do you have for putting the finishing touches on setting the table?