Name: Finley (6) & Juniper (1)
Location: Fullerton, California
When we bought this house 3 years ago I was super excited to give my daughter a fun, color-filled room. Prior to moving here she shared a room with my husband and I. Being our house is only a two-bedroom (real estate is expensive here in Southern California), when we decided to have another baby we had to squeeze her in with her sister. I rearranged a few things and voilà.
They still have plenty of floor space to play even with a full sized bed and a crib in there. Not really a problem but I tend to be cheap so I tried to find as many things from thrift stores, hand me downs, and sales as I could.
- The full-sized headboard is a vintage Heywood Wakefield piece. I love that it has closed storage and room for books since my 6-year-old is quickly becoming an avid reader.
- The desk is also a vintage piece that I got for a steal from my friends' vintage shop, Out of Vogue. It has a few cosmetic issues that they didn't feel like fixing but since it's used in a kids' room I have no problems with it.
- The chair is an IKEA chair I got from the thrift store. The desk is really narrow and this is the only chair I could find that fit. I painted it to match the room.
- Curtains are from Target. I got them on clearance for about $10 a panel.
- IKEA Expedit of course. lol
- The crib is a hand me down that I used with my older daughter as well.
- The crib skirt I made from Jessica Jones fabric Outside Oslo Tulips. I also edged a breathable bumper I bought in the same fabric.
- The colorful banners are leftovers from when my daughter Juniper was born and from her rainbows & sunshine 1st birthday party.
- The orange dresser was a thrift store find.
- The pictures above the bed are Black Apple prints.
- The yellow submarine picture above the crib is a Ross find
- The modern furniture alphabet print is from Blue Ant Studio
- Paint color is Sunken Pool by Martha Stewart
Thanks, Dawn! Readers, visit Dawn at digadig home.