While the fireplace may be a heat source in the winter, it becomes a sort of glorified shelf in the warmer months. It's long been a favorite topic of ours to find alternative ways to put it to use. And here's one more today: Each of these examples shows plants showcased on, in, or around the fireplace:
• 1 An arrangement is made within this firebox from Real Simple.
• 2 This photo, via Care Planning Associates, shows a small potted plant displayed on a beautiful stone mantel.
• 3 A hearty plant sits on the hearth of this fireplace. Mark Lund/Real Simple
• 4 A row of small topiaries brings an outdoor feeling to this fireplace mantel from Country Living.
• 5 And of course, the mantel is the perfect eye-level spot to show off colorful flowers. This example is via Martha Stewart.