First Lady Michelle Obama is picking furniture from Pottery Barn and Anthropologie for the White House! Designer Michael Smith will mix the new pieces with those brought from the Obama family home in Chicago. Historic White House antiques will also be put to use: Malia Obama will do her homework on the desk used by Abraham Lincoln when he wrote the Emancipation Proclamation! Shown here are some of our favorite pieces from Anthropologie and Pottery Barn (also Pottery Barn Kids). Do you think these will make it into the White House? More info below the jump...
According to US Magazine, White House Designer Michael Smith will follow the Obamas' "casual style" while "utilizing affordable brands."
Our favorites from Anthropologie:
- Calandria Chair, Mod Garden ($1498)
- Jewel Heist Lamp ($98)
- Seed Packet Pillow, Columbine ($98)
- Flamenco Shower Curtain ($118)
- Isola Bella Pillow ($58)
- Dawning Lark Bed ($1998 - $2198)
- Andalucia Bedding ($58 - $228)
- Antwerp Chair, Bloom ($1498)
- Ditte Sofa, Ochre Linen ($3498)
Great Pieces from Pottery Barn:
- Spin Chair ($199)
- Tessa Bird Lamp Base & Blake Shade ($25 - $49)
- Dollhouse Bookcase ($399)
- Color Study Task Lamp ($29)
- Sasha Side Table ($399)
- Brittanic Trunk ($1599)
- Collette Stool ($349 - $449)
- Glass Candlestick Lamp ($129)
- William Stripe Pillow Cover ($28)
- Chenille Braided Rug ($99.00 - $499.00)
Read the US Magazine article by clicking here.