Most of our daughter's furniture has been from IKEA and we have no complaints whatsoever. Not only are they affordable for what she'll only use for a year or so, but we've also found the pieces, in general, to be a lot less bulky than what we find in other stores. These items have proven themselves time and again to be worthwhile investments.
1. The Sansad Stool looks great and has plenty of room underneath the lid for storage. We use them with the matching table for our daughter's art table and keep bins of crayons, markers, and other art supplies in them. It couldn't be easier to clean up the table after she's done creating.
2. Expedit: This workhorse makes up for its larger size with its versatility. It can be filled with bins for baby clothes and later used to display toys or books. It can also be used as a room divider in a shared space.
3. Antilop Highchair: is much less bulky than most, and very easy to break down and store if you need to keep it around for a second child.
4. Gulliver Crib: This crib is simple in design and has a much smaller footprint than most cribs out there.
5. The Malm can double as dresser and changing table, also with a very small footprint.