Maybe it's because I grew up in the iron mining capitol of the world, but I like a little metal in my decor. A polished nickel lamp or silver bust goes a long way to satiate my appetite for shiny things, but the trend is getting some serious traction in the workspace arena, particularly when it comes to desks.
Here are five desks with a metallic edge:
1. Black Retro Drafting Table ($141.24): I have often seen welded metal desks like this one in antique shops, but have worried about dealing with the rusty corners. This captures the exact look and feel of vintage drafting tables without the added worry of getting your tetanus booster.
2. West Elm's Parsons Metal Desk ($499): Its got the classic shape of the Parsons desk with, the simple lines and practical look but with the added coolness of sheet metal. It is cold to the touch and even sleeker than you can imagine in person.
3. Blu Dot's Strut Medium Table ($699): This steel desk is powder coated and offered in five different colors. The simple lines would work in nearly any space. There's even an XL version that can accommodate two workstations.
4. CB2's Go-Cart Carbon Desk ($149): CB2 knows how to do white and outrageous colors well. This desk is chic and simple in white, but even more bold in blaze orange. The caster wheels are great for small workspaces that require mobility. This desk also gets bonus points for being super affordable.
5. Kartell's Four Table ($1,390): For those with seriously deep pockets, this laminated aluminum table is seamless and wide, leaving you plenty of room for filing cabinets or any other peripheral equipment.
(Images: as linked above)