I was spoiled. I had an entire, large closet all to myself in our bedroom in one of the houses I grew up in. We would use it for all of our clothing, toys and I still managed to have enough room for a private little fort. When we moved, our storage situation radically changed. Space was a prized possession -- especially when sharing with a sister.Our new bedroom had no closet, so our mother had to get quite creative with her storage solutions -- a dresser could only hold so much, you know. Perhaps if these had been around when I was 11, our lives would have been so much easier. And they are cool to boot!
• Wright's Peak Wire Horizontal Storage, $375
• Blue Roll-Away Bin by PB Teen, $39-59. We love the one for under the bed storage.
• Odda Storage unit with clothes tree by IKEA, $199.
• Perf Boxes by Offi, $299.
• Navy Blue Bedroom Locker with Storage, $148.