Cork is naturally heat and moisture resistant, the makings for a great trivet. It's also incredibly green. Pictured above from left to right, here are some DIY trivet ideas for your home:
- Picture Frame Cork Trivet: Have an old picture frame lying around? Simply glue the corks directly to the glass, or backing.
- Wine Cork Trivet by Ciclus: The Spanish design company Ciclus makes an aluminum tray that you fill with your old wine corks to create a hot plate or trivet.
- DIY trivets from Design*Sponge: These trivets and coasters require little more than slicing corks and gluing them together.
- Bound Wine Cork Trivet by CraftyNest: This trivet requires no cutting.
- Round Wine Cork Trivet Kit by Wine Enthusiast: Like Ciclus, this is a kit that helps you put your wine corks to use in a nicely made frame.