Your front entryway can make a powerful statement to visitors about what to expect in the rest of your home. These five entryways make bold statements, with vivid color and dramatic effects...
• 1 We love the dramatic dressing room appeal of this mirrored coat rack. The vintage flair of the large mirror with hooks along with the display of haute couture make for a fancy and playful entrance.
• 2 Hooks are always handy in an entryway, but when done in large quantities--especially when interesting variations are mixed and matched--the utility becomes artwork. This is a great example of useful design.
• 3 This electric lime door opens to a black wall with a single piece of artwork. While there isn't a lot going on in terms of furniture or accessories, this bold use of color makes a great statement and really highlights the single piece on the wall.
• 4 We put accessories, objects, books, and other accoutrements out for people to see, but putting them in a display case really accentuates objects as being special. We love that this entryway has a case, and can't get enough of the boot/shoe rack that just screams DIY.
• 5 Perhaps the most dramatic of them all, this entryway is nothing if it's not dramatic. The mosaic style mirrored walls, large graphic Sex Pistols print and neon colored branches definitely set the tone for a visitor's experience in the rest of the home. While not for everyone, we love it.