Making a hanging jar shelf is one of those great projects where many good things come together. It helps declutter and organize your space. It's compact and space efficient. It's an opportunity to reuse food jars. It's easy on your pocketbook. And last but not least, it's an easy project to make.
Five different styles of hanging jar shelves are featured here to inspire you. This project is very easy and will take most people under an hour to assemble. For instructions on building one, please follow the link of your choice below.
Most how-tos say to attach lids to the bottom of your shelf by using only one screw per lid, positioned at its center. My advice is to use two screws per lid, positioned along the diameter roughly an inch apart (wider for larger lids). If not, the lid will rotate and loosen every time you screw a jar back to its lid.
(Shown above the jump, from left to right)
1. Under the Shelf Jar Storage Tutorial from Craftiness is not Optional
2. Jam Jar Shelf from Peter Marigold (This is an art piece so no instructions are available. I've included it as an example of a shelf with many jars.)
3. How to Make a Jar Shelf from Fresh Home Ideas
4. DIY Wednesdays: Tea Shelf from Design Sponge
5. Jar Shelf from We Upcycle
(Images as linked)