- How our garden doth grow! Turn a collection of used coffee cans into a garden indoors or out. Plant small flowers or herbs; leave on windowsill or shelving.
- Use the plastic lids as sauces: Place under house plants to protect carpets and flooring from moisture.
- Create a piggybank: Place in entry hall and toss spare change in. When it's filled, tote the change to the bank to be redeemed and start all over again.
- It's a vessel, so it can store any number of things: small toys and cards; hair fasteners; pens and pencils; small tools and more.
- Keep it in the bathroom and stuff travel-size soaps, shampoos and body washes inside for house guests.
(Image: Flickr member Happy Sleepy, used with permission)