Maybe play kitchens should be a little less "play" and a little more cooking. We rounded up five great additions to your child's play kitchen cabinets from real kitchen stores.
• Cast Iron: Durable and unbreakable, you can find cast iron skillets in sizes as small as 3.5" like this one from Lodge Logic. ($14)
• Mini Food Processor: Tired of play kitchen toys that don't make sounds, much less chop anything? This mini food processor by Cuisinart does both and it's pink! ($33)
• Petite Cheese Knife Set: It's never too early to start practicing knife skills and this petite 4 piece set by Swissmar is perfectly sized for small grips. Handwash only, not suitable for play dishwashers. ($34)
• Miniature Espresso Maker: As long as your kids are up early, they may as well get started on your morning cuppa. And they can do it in high style - this miniature version is an exact replica of the three-cup Alessi 9090 espresso coffee maker designed by Richard Sapper in 1979. ($49)
• Miniature Garlic Grater: A few bloody knuckles is a small price to pay for tableside cheese grating and this diminutive grater by Cuisinox lets even your youngest tots get in on the action. ($20)