Being a design lover and a parent is tough, isn't it? We crave beautiful things – clothes, toys, shoes, decor – for our kids, but the price tags can be steep. I've found the best way to keep my sweet design tooth satisfied is with flash sale websites. They feature all of our favorite brands – and many new brands you may have never heard of before – at steep discounts, usually 40 - 70% off retail prices.Flash sale websites began a couple of years ago, but many have now grown into major movers when it comes to shopping. Sites work with brands to create sales that last around 5 days, with big discounts for us, the customers. The pros are obvious – great deals on products you actually want. The only real drawback is the shipping. Most sites promise your goods in 2-4 weeks, based on the fulfillment methods they use to keep the pricing low (often items only ship after the entire sale is over, then they ship from the brand to the warehouse, and then to you). It's worth it for the deals, as long as you remember that great gift won't be here in 3 days for that last minute birthday party!
These websites all feature tons of kids and family-friendly products. Whether it's maternity clothing, baby gear, toys, books, decor, or fashion, you'll find something among the bunch!
- Fab.com - Our family's hands-down favorite. Fab focuses heavily on modern designs and small companies. I've noticed several amazing Etsy sellers among their wares. I check all of their sales, not just the amazing Kids Wednesday features.
- The Mini Social - Another well curated site, The Mini Social focuses exclusively on kids finds. Lots of gorgeous clothing, shoes, accessories, and toys too.
- Zulily - A monster kids/family-focused site with new sale events every day, Zuilily runs the gamut from great design finds down to Target clearance. But that means you're always bound to find something.
- Totsy - Much like Zulily, Totsy focuses on kids and parents, with new selections daily. Prices are particularly good - but the product isn't as well-known.
- Gilt - Gilt's kids sales are high-end and beautiful, and sometimes the prices reflect that. But the products are always worth it.
- Haute Look Kids - Similar to Gilt, Haute Look sometimes goes way into the Haute of fashion and products. But the selection is stellar, and there are great deals to be had too.
- Rue La La - Featuring kids products in their Little Rue area, you'll find higher end brands and great deals weekly. Lots of great finds here too!
Images: As linked above.