Yesterday we were browsing the Apartment Therapy Flickr pool looking for a little design inspiration for our deck, and what did we come across? Long time readers Art & Chel's beautiful deck. There are so many things to be inspired by — from the CMU blocks used as planters, local prairie grass dotting the deck perimeter, and tons of creatively reused containers for their vast vegetable garden…
Our hands down favorite find on their deck are the variety of types of CMU blocks used as modular, industrial planters lining the perimeter of their balcony.
They've planted everything from organic seeds for a future vegetable garden…
…to low-maintenance local prairie grass
An asparagus box to be used to grow lettuces
Nasturtiums and Rainbow Chard
They took these centerpieces from their wedding and repurposed them as balcony lanterns.
A double decker of hanging herbs and flowers.
Thanks to Art & Chel for their continuing source of inspiration – keep up the good work! Check out Art & Chel's full deck and garden Flickr set here, and our other Art & Chel posts below:
• Flickr Finds: Art & Chel's Table Placement Problems
• Flickr Finds: Art and Chel's Bathroom Rehab...In Progress
• Flickr Finds: Art & Chel's Master Bath and Entryway Reno
• Flickr Finds: Art and Chel's Indoor Lawn
• Flickr Finds: Art and Chel's Hibiscus Margarita
• Flickr Finds: Art & Chel's Spring Projects