Apartment Therapy has provided tons of small space solutions. Whether it is going vertical or simply using space savers, maximizing the space and creating the illusion of a bigger room is key. When we spotted miluzeira's living room in the ATLA Flickr pool, we thought this was achieved using 5 small space solutions. Check them out after the jump....
1) Keeping the color scheme neutral allows this space to feel like it goes on and on even though the space is small.
2) Although the ceilings are not very high, placing the curtains and paint scheme from the ceiling down to the floor allows the eye to keep wandering. This is a great trick in small spaces - using your walls to create vertical depth.
3) The horizontal stripes painted on the wall not only stay in the color scheme but extend the space. This is a successful example of this painting technique.
4) By keeping the balance of furniture compatible in height and placement, this small living space feels bigger and open - even though there are a lot of pieces in here. For example, the tall tree and tall lamp anchor each side of the room.
5) We like that miluzeria chose to float the pieces of furniture that she could. The angled chair next to the tv is a nice example of this look in such a small room.
[Image via miluzeira on the ATLA Flickr pool.]
Check out more small space solutions here: