A few months ago, when we were at the Designer's Call event in Santa Monica, we had the chance to ask lead designer Lara Fishman what was her "go to" fix for a challenging space. Her answer was mirrors. From walls to tabletops, they can be used in a variety of ways. We especially like this set of 9 round self-adhesive mirrors for their versatilty. Some ideas for using them, after the jump...
Available at Target, you can use them...
- in a grouping over a fireplace, instead of a piece of art
- under candles to reflect the light; especially in a line down a table topped with small votives and a collection of tiny vases filled with flowers
- In a grouping across from a window, they can bounce light through a dark space
- as chargers under plates in a table setting
- a grouping over a bed creates a headboard
- march them around a room for a different of chair railing
- as coasters under drinks or plants to protect your tabletops
- covering one wall in a small bathroom
- within a deep window frame
- behind a wall sconce to increase the light projected into a room
- a feng shui cure suggests hanging a round mirror on a door that directly faces another door
- on the ceiling
How would you use them?