Open staircases look amazing, but they're not for the faint of heart. If you tend to be a bit clumsy or stumble up to bed after a few drinks, you may want to think twice. But there's definitely no denying the architectural cool of floating steps. How's your balance?Some of these examples use glass or slats to partially enclose the staircase while keeping the airy feel. Others have a railing so there's at least a handhold should one feel wobbly. And finally, for the truly hardcore (and sure-footed), there are completely exposed steps.
Could you handle it? Where do you stand on floating stairs?
2. Chadbourne+Doss Architects via Houzz
4. The Library Stairs by Vladimir Doray via Bookcaseporn
5. Smoothcore Architects via Onekindesign
6. Lawrence Architecture via Homedit
7. Mark Koehler Architects via Plastolux.
8. Elite Metalcraft Co. via Houzz
9. Bates Masi Architects via Onekindesign
10. Ong and Ong Architects via Arch Daily
(Images: as linked above)